When a teen boy was sleeping in a McDonald’s dumpster, he was killed when it was emptied.

0

When a teen boy was sleeping in a McDonald’s dumpster, he was killed when it was emptied.

On May 11, a 13-year-old Aboriginal South Australian boy was killed in a tragic accident when the contents of a dumpster he and two other children were sleeping in were emptied into the belly of a garbage truck.

Spencer Benbolt was the victim, while the other two children were unharmed. According to 9news.com.au, Superintendent Paul Barr said they were profoundly traumatized by the experience.

The accident happened in the early hours of the morning outside of a McDonald’s restaurant in Port Lincoln, South Australia.

According to 7news.com.au, Benbolt, who went by the nickname “Budda,” had already been crushed to death by the time the truck driver became aware of the children’s presence. The truck driver was taken to the hospital for treatment of shock.

Spencer’s family has issued a statement about their son, brother, and cousin. Today, the extended family gathered to grieve and remember ‘Budda.’ Our thoughts and prayers are with them all, as this is a tragedy for the entire community. pic.twitter.com/hS6HkdV8Tx @9NewsAdel

May 11, 2021 — Georgia Westgarth (@G Westgarth)

Regional education director Rowena Fox told 9news.com.au that Benbolt was honored at a school ceremony where teachers spoke about his talent for storytelling, his “lovely personality,” and his tremendous sense of humor. In his honor, the Aboriginal flag on campus was lowered to half-mast.

Montanah Elvey, Benbolt’s cousin, remembered him as a “very strong child.”

“He was a really good kid, tough, he’s been through a lot,” she said.

The incident has also shaken residents to a considerable degree, Port Lincoln Council CEO Matthew Morgan told 9news.com.au.

“There’s no words that define what the community is going through at the moment,” he said.

While the Port Lincoln council had no plans to revise its trash collection practices as of May 12, its members have expressed support for a police investigation into the circumstances surrounding the boy’s death, Morgan said.

“Rather than looking at specific measures like locks on bins, we want to understand why they were there in the first place,” Morgan said.

To that end, officers are conducting interviews with Benbolt’s friends and family. The three children—boys aged 11, 12, and 13 respectively—were extremely close. They. This is a brief summary.

Share.

Leave A Reply