UK two-year-old found in Germany a year after going missing

0

Two-year-old British boy who had disappeared with his mother a year ago has been found safe and sound in Germany and brought back to the UK, a judge has confirmed.

A judge in the Family Division of the High Court in London last month urgently requested information that could help find toddler Emmanuel Biendarra, who had been living with his father in Kent, southeast England. The judge, Mr. Justice Peel, told a hearing that Emmanuel had been found in Germany and returned to the United Kingdom. Police believe he was brought from the United Kingdom by his mother, Kristina Nobis, in December 2019, the BBC reports.

Emmanuel was living with his father, Benjamin Biendarra, under a court order at the time of his disappearance. Peel ruled that he could be identified in media reports in the November appeal. The judge said Nobis, a German citizen, should have Emmanuel over the weekend of Nov. 3 and Dec. 1, 2019. The couple was supposed to spend the weekend at a hotel in Tunbridge Wells, a town in Kent, but Nobis did not return her son and neither has been seen since.

It has been speculated that Emmanuel may have been taken to Germany, Switzerland, Austria or other parts of central Europe. At the time of the call, Emmanuel’s father said, “I am devastated by Emmanuel’s sudden disappearance. I am so concerned for his safety and ask anyone who knows anything to come forward and help.”

In the U.K., under the Child Abduction Act 1984, it is a criminal offense for a parent to abduct a child under the age of 16 from the U.K. without proper consent. In 2016, a woman who abducted her daughter to Cambodia in defiance of court orders was jailed for two years and six months. She left the UK in October 2013 and was deported from Cambodia three years later for overstaying her visa. She admitted taking a child out of the country without consent.

Another British mother who took her daughters to Alaska without their father’s permission was jailed for three years and six months after admitting kidnapping charges in a British court in 2018. Washington Newsday has contacted Kent police for more information.

Share.

Leave A Reply