Despite trump backing brexit, only 38 percent of those who voted to leave the EU want him to win the election.

0

Only 38 percent of the British who voted to leave the EU would give their support to President Donald Trump, although the commander-in-chief supports Brexit.

Even fewer Britons would vote for Trump overall, with only 20 percent indicating that they would grant the Republican a second term, leading British bookmaker Betfair told Tekk.tv.

Less than a week before election day, the bookmaker commissioned a YouGov poll on the British electoral preferences if they would vote in the US elections.

The results show that the democratic rival Joe Biden would win in a landslide victory over Trump.

Apart from those who said they did not know, refused to answer or said they would vote for someone else, 80 percent of the British would vote for Biden and only 20 percent for Trump.

A staggering 99 percent of those who voted Labour or Liberal Democrat in the 2019 general election would vote for Biden, according to the poll.

Similarly, 96 percent of those who remained in the EU referendum said they would vote for Biden.

In a gender breakdown, Trump seems to be more popular among men: 24 percent of men said they would vote for Trump, compared to only 14 percent of women.

The YouGov survey of 1,725 people was commissioned within just one week before election day.

Biden received an implied 67 percent probability of winning the presidency, compared to 33 percent for Trump.

Of those who preferred Trump, support in the UK reached 39 percent among Conservatives in the 2019 general election and 38 percent among holidaymakers.

Of those who would vote for Trump, the three main reasons given were that they considered his opponent weak (49 percent), his attitude to the economy (48 percent) and that he was a strong leader (47 percent).

Those who would vote for Biden cited as the three most important reasons that they are concerned that his opponent is dangerous (73 percent), that they simply do not like his opponent (71 percent) and that they think his opponent is weak (26 percent).

When asked about the most important characteristics of the U.S. president, the top priorities were honesty (69 percent), empathy with ordinary people (62 percent) and the ability to keep promises (57 percent).

However, it appears that Trump falls short of the qualities required of the British, with respondents stating that he is arrogant (77 percent), dangerous (68 percent) and aggressive (40 percent).

Views on Biden appeared less emphatic when the British were asked what three qualities they thought the former vice president possessed, with 35 percent of respondents saying they simply did not know.

“With the U.S. election only seven days away, speculation is mounting about how the election will go, as polls seem to indicate that Biden’s victory is on the cards,” Betfair spokesman Sam Rosbottom told Tekk.tv.

“With more than £180 million [$232 million] bet on the outcome of the election on Betfair Exchange, Biden has a 67 percent chance of coming out on top after the election on November 3, with 1/2 odds, while Trump’s 2/1 odds put his chances of winning at only 33 percent. This gives Biden more than twice the implied chance of being elected than his rival.

“However, we still see a lot of money for the POTUS, and in fact more money was bet on Trump in this race, 91 million pounds compared to 84 million pounds on Joe Biden.

“It’s also worth remembering the reversal the market experienced on election night in 2016 when Hillary Clinton became the big odds betting favorite. And we all know how that turned out.

“Other key points of the survey showed that more than half (53 percent) of respondents in the UK believe that personalities speak louder than politicians when it comes to winning votes in the US presidential election. Only 17 percent said that politics was “more important”.

Share.

Leave A Reply