Refuse to let the fascist group take up the counterprotest ‘Million MAGA March’ in Washington.

0

A counterprotest has been organized against the “Million MAGA March” sponsored by right-wing extremist groups such as the Proud Boys, which is scheduled to take place on Saturday in Washington, D.C.

The group “Refuse Fascism” said it will demonstrate against the “MAGA mobs” that will be in the capital over the weekend to show support for President Donald Trump, who continues to claim that the Democrats “stole” the election.

In addition to the Million MAGA March, which will include members of the extreme right, other rallies will take place on Saturday at noon in Washington D.C.’s Freedom Plaza, including “Stop the Theft” and “March for Trump.

It is unclear how many will attend the pro-Trump rallies, but prominent names such as Sean Hannity of Fox News and Infowars moderator and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones have been promoting the events.

Denying fascism said it would be a non-violent protest against the million-dollar MAGA march starting at about 11:30 a.m. on Freedom Plaza.

The group will hold similar demonstrations in cities like Boston, Chicago, New York and Los Angeles, despite Trump’s claim that he won the election and not Joe Biden.

Andy Zee, a member of the editorial board of Refuse Fascism, said: “People poured their hearts out to vote against Trump. They fought through outrageous moves by Trump and the Republican fascists to deny them the vote. And Biden won decisively, and they were right to celebrate.

“We must not allow the Trump/Pence regime to illegally overturn this election. That is why it is so urgent that people come out on Saturday to say no to Trump, who is still trying to steal the election.

The mayor of D.C., Muriel Bowser, said the city is prepared for reports that right-wing extremist protesters will arrive en masse on Saturday.

“I huddled with my team this morning to hear another report about a caravan that begins somewhere in the South and could peak here,” Bowser said on Tuesday.

“We are continuing to follow these activities and we are prepared for these activities,” Bowser said on Tuesday. Our chief of police this weekend will take a similar stance to last week. We will be there to support the peaceful conduct of First Amendment demonstrations.

Bowser also warned that there are no laws in Washington regarding the open carrying of firearms and that police will take care of any protesters seen with firearms.

“The gun laws here are different than in other places. People who have a permit to carry a gun are allowed to carry a gun. We call it a concealed carrying permit,” she added.

In a statement to Washington Newsday, D.C., police said, “We are aware of the upcoming First Amendment activities scheduled for the weekend of November 13, 2020.

“As with any known First Amendment activity, we will continue to monitor and evaluate each activity and plan accordingly.

This article has been updated with comments from the police.

Share.

Leave A Reply