Husband confesses murder of mother to “teach her a lesson,” according to police


An arrested man on suspicion of murdering a woman said he carried out the murder “to teach her a lesson,” Oklahoma police reported.

According to the police, Shane Dale Perosi confessed to shooting Martika Ferguson. He was glad he killed the woman, the police report said.

The 27-year old man was found lying in an alley in the city of Enid. She is said to have an eight-year-old son.

A SWAT team issued a search warrant against the knocking at the suspect’s home where investigators found evidence related to the murder, police said.

In a statement, police said: “On Sunday afternoon, officers responded to a report about a woman found lying in the northern alley of the 700 block of West Nagel. The officers arrived and determined that Ferguson had been shot and was dead. Detectives were called to the scene and began their investigation.

“On Tuesday at approximately 2:00 p.m., officers and members of the SWAT team from the Department at 601 W. Rush made a search without knocking. While the search warrant was being served, evidence related to the murder was found in the apartment.

“During an interview with Perosi, he confessed to shooting Ferguson. Perosi said he did so to teach her a lesson. During his arrest at the Garfield County Detention Facility, Perosi repeated that he murdered Ferguson and said he was glad he did so.

“The investigation into Ferguson’s murder is ongoing.”

Effie Ferguson, the victim’s mother, told News9: “My whole family called and came over.

“It kind of lets you know that it’s real and that you have to deal with it.

“My first thought was if they were going to come after us,” Ferguson said. “Who are they after? What could they have done that was so horrible they would just shoot her? She wasn’t a horrible girl.”

Captain Scott Miller of the Enid police department praised the officers and detectives for their “tireless work” in the investigation.

“They did a very good job, were very persistent and conducted an uninterrupted investigation,” he said.

“They brought the victim’s family to a conclusion and made our community safer by arresting their suspect”.

The police statement goes on to say: “In the past three days, the criminal investigation department has spent a total of more than 280 hours investigating the case, not counting the working hours of the patrol officers and the department’s crime scene technician.


Leave A Reply