Donald Trump’s chances “have improved massively” in the last 24 hours before election day.

0

Donald Trump’s chances of winning a second round of the presidential election have “massively improved” in the last 24 hours before election day, say leading bookmakers.

The Republican received a substantial late surge overnight, moving from an average implied 35 percent chance of victory to a 40 percent chance.

“Donald Trump’s chances have improved massively in the last 24 hours,” a Betfair spokesman told Washington Newsday.

Yesterday the bookmaker gave Democratic rival Joe Biden an implicit 65 percent chance of winning, ahead of Trump’s 35 percent chance, just one day before the elections.

“It’s finally election day in the US, and Donald Trump’s chances of beating Joe Biden have received a late boost, as his odds have improved overnight from 15/8 (35 percent chance) to 6/4 (40 percent),” said Betfair spokesman Sam Rosbottom.

The leading British bookmaker, Oddschecker, agreed with this.

“America fell asleep knowing that Joe Biden was the favorite of sports betting providers to win the US election in 2020. This has not changed, but the gap between Donald Trump and Biden has narrowed dramatically overnight,” the bookmaker said.

“Yesterday, Joe Biden’s odds for the 2020 election indicated that he had a 65.2 percent chance of winning the 2020 election, this percentage has now dropped to 61.9 percent.

“Donald Trump will probably wake up with a spring awakening as more and more people believe he could stay for another term.

A spokesman told Washington Newsday that “71 percent of all funds bet overnight went to Donald Trump.

“As a result, at the time of writing this article, his odds were reduced to 6/4 (40 percent probability), while Biden’s odds were increased to 8/13 (61.9 percent).

Sam Eaton, OddsChecker’s Marketing Director, added: “The fact that we saw an 8.5 percent swing in less than 12 hours is remarkable at this stage of the competition, considering how much money has already been committed.

According to OddsChecker, which collects betting data from dozens of bookmakers, sports betting in 2016 gave Donald Trump a chance of winning less than 20 percent the day before election day.

These odds are about 20 percent lower than his current odds.

Yesterday, bookmakers told Washington Newsday that Donald Trump has a significantly higher chance of winning the U.S. election in 2020 than he does in 2016.

In fact, Trump’s chances of winning a second term are now more than twice as high as four years ago.

Just one day before the elections in 2016, the soon-to-be president was given an implied probability of around 18 percent of winning against his rival Hillary Clinton, said leading British bookmaker Betfair.

At that time Clinton was announced as the clear favorite for victory with a probability of 83 percent.

Like Clinton, Biden is also considered the clear favorite of the bookmakers for victory in the 2020 elections.

The following chart, which was created by Statista, illustrates the American fears before the election

Share.

Leave A Reply