Despite passenger vaccination requirements, a COVID outbreak occurred on the Celebrity Millennium Cruise.

0

Despite passenger vaccination requirements, a COVID outbreak occurred on the Celebrity Millennium Cruise.

Despite everyone on board being vaccinated, two passengers tested positive with COVID-19 onboard the first major cruise ship to set sail with passengers from North America since the pandemic shut down the industry.

Celebrity Cruise Lines announced on Thursday that two guests sharing a room on its seven-day Celebrity Millennium cruise from St. Maarten, which departed on Saturday, June 5, tested positive for COVID-19.

The two travelers are asymptomatic, but they have been quarantined in their room and are being closely observed by medical personnel. “We are performing contact tracing, accelerating testing for all close connections, and closely monitoring the situation,” the cruise line added.

Despite two positive tests, Celebrity Cruise Lines said in a statement that all of its passengers and crew members are properly vaccinated and that they were “forced to present proof of vaccination as well as a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours before sailing.”

Celebrity said it is “following thorough processes that coincide with our destination partners and exceed CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) recommendations to ensure our guests’ health and safety.”

Although all of the COVID-19 vaccinations available in the United States are successful in avoiding illness, no vaccination is guaranteed to be 100 percent effective, and none was ever expected to be.

People who were fully vaccinated with vaccinations administered by either Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna were 91 percent protected against infection, according to a research published by the CDC on June 7.

The study also discovered that persons who have been partially vaccinated are 81 percent less likely to become ill than those who have not been vaccinated. Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 after immunization have a milder form of the disease, according to the CDC.

Those who tested positive for COVID-19 after immunization had a 60% lower chance of getting a fever and had 40% less of the virus in their bodies.

According to The New York Times, the departure of Celebrity Cruise Lines on June 5 was the first time that American passengers had boarded a major cruise ship since the COVID-19 pandemic crippled the cruise industry on March 13, 2020.

Celebrity Cruise Lines’ parent business, the Royal Caribbean Group, said in a tweet on. This is a condensed version of the information.

Share.

Leave A Reply