A Michigan man was found guilty of beheading and murdering his step-grandmother with a piggy bank.


A Michigan man was found guilty of beheading and murdering his step-grandmother with a piggy bank.

On Thursday, Kenny McBride, 45, was found guilty of murdering and mutilating his step-grandmother, a charge he has disputed.

In February 2020, McBride was arrested after his father returned home to find his mother-in-law, Cecilia Gibson, beheaded in their Bedford Township, Michigan home. The 45-year-old pleaded not guilty, and there was no forensic evidence linking him to the murder weapons, but the jury found him guilty after barely two hours of deliberation.

According to WDIV, Gibson was found dead in the family’s living room early on February 16, 2020, and authorities suspect McBride became upset during an argument with her regarding his children. They accused him of fatally hitting the 79-year-old with a ceramic piggy bank and a metal child gate at least 19 times.

According to police, McBride decapitated her with three knives and then threw her head into the yard after she died.

According to The Monroe News, despite the fact that DNA evidence failed to link McBride to the murder weapons, a latent print examiner for the Michigan State Police testified that a bloody handprint found on the bathtub’s edge matched McBride’s print. Law authorities also discovered a bloody pair of jeans that matched Gibson and McBride’s DNA.

McBride pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity at first, but then modified his plea to not guilty. He told jurors that he was awoken by his father’s screaming and hurried downstairs to find Gibson’s headless body.

According to The Monroe News, the handprint in the bathtub was left by him getting sick in the bathroom and placing his palm on the bathtub to turn the tap on and rinse his mouth.

McBride testified, “I suppose I started going into shock or something.” “I couldn’t figure out what was going on.”

McBride also claimed that the cuts on his hands, which prosecutors claimed were evidence he was involved in the fight with Gibson, were sustained while he was working on his automobile. That story was called into question, however, because he had paid a local retailer to replace his car battery earlier in the day.

Prosecutors played a video of McBride dancing in a questioning room during the trial. This is a condensed version of the information.


Leave A Reply