FC Bayern Munich has ended the investigations into the racism accusations against employees at the junior center. Incidents had been identified which “do not agree with the club’s values and lead to consequences”.
FC Bayern München has concluded its investigations into racism accusations against employees of the junior performance center. As the German record soccer champion announced on Friday, the accusations have been “comprehensively” investigated.
“As a result, incidents were identified for a section of the NLZ that violated labor law obligations, did not comply with the attitude of FC Bayern and led to consequences,” the club announced. The consequences are structural changes and a new start for the U9 to U15 teams.
“In our club we do not tolerate intolerance or discrimination. The fact that our principles have now been violated at one point pains us. We will do everything we can to ensure that such a thing does not happen again,” said Michael Gerlinger, Director of Legal & Personnel.
The WDR magazine “Sport Inside” had reported on the suspicion of racism. According to the magazine, serious accusations were made. In discussions about the obligation of players, for example, racist expressions are said to have been used. A junior coach is said to have used expressions like “dirty Turk”, “negro” and “Kanake” in a chat. FC Bayern reacted to the accusations of racism and dismissed the youth coach.