Year-round group sent home for the second time after another positive coronavirus test.

0

Students in the 10th grade at Prescot School in Knowsley Park Lane were again asked to isolate themselves in accordance with government instructions after the school was informed of the positive coronavirus case.

An entire year group at a secondary school in Knowsley was sent home for the second time since the start of the school year after another positive coronavirus test was confirmed today.

The year-round group was sent home and must now be isolated for another 14 days.

The school, which is part of the Heath Family Trust, said it was “incredibly disappointed” that this has happened again, but it shows the “important role” that everyone in the school and wider community has in “doing their part to stop the spread of coronavirus”.

If you register here, you will receive newsletters with the latest news, sports and current information from ECHO Liverpool.

The group’s year-round “bubble” has already had to isolate itself once this school year after a positive coronavirus test was confirmed last month.

“Unfortunately there have been a number of new cases in the last 24 hours or so. We have tried to deal with this by encouraging close contact between students to isolate themselves, but we have reached the point where Public Health England is now advising that the bladder should be closed.

A spokesperson for the Prescot School said: “We have tried to achieve this by maintaining close contact with the students: “It is really sad that we had to send our Year 10 bubble home today.

“The bubble was closed earlier this school year due to a small number of positive Covid tests. When the students returned, there were no further problems and it was encouraging to see that the students were enjoying learning again.

“Everyone at the school is incredibly disappointed that this has happened again. However, it shows what an important role everyone, inside and outside the school, plays in helping to contain the spread of the virus.

“Students have been asked to return on Tuesday, October 20, 2020. We will offer online lessons to these students during that time.

Enter your zip code to find out what is going on in your area

Knowsley has one of the highest infection rates in the country.

In September a series of emergency measures were also introduced for Knowsley after the district led the list of the highest coronavirus cases in Merseyside.

Passengers in Knowsley are now urged to ask for a local driver when booking a licensed private hire car, as there are fears of the coronavirus spreading. Recently, in response to complaints from citizens about non-compliance with Covid 19 measures, an open letter was sent by the Council Chairman to managers of the largest stores in the district.

This week, St. Edmund Arrowsmith in Whiston was not open until Monday for Years 10 and 11, after several teachers had been asked to isolate themselves.

Kirkby High School also reported a case in Year 7 last month, and All Saints Catholic High School reported two unrelated cases in different years, with both schools remaining open.

A number of schools in the district are also affected by coronavirus cases, including Lord Derby Academy in Huyton and Meadow Park School, a student referral unit in Stockbridge Village.

Share.

Leave A Reply