Report: Authorities helped Daesch supporters trying to enter Turkey.

0

The suspected knife assailant from Dresden wanted to enter Turkey, but was not granted a visa. The German authorities helped him with his plan and concealed his classification as a dangerous person.

The suspected knife assailant from Dresden is said to have tried in vain to leave the country at the end of 2017 to visit a sister in Turkey. According to internal documents, the German authorities also wanted to help the young man from Syria, who had been classified as an extremist threat shortly before and was in custody at the time, to leave the country.

The police describe as a dangerer people whom they suspect of serious politically motivated crimes, such as a terrorist attack.

According to information from the German Press Agency, however, the plan failed because the Turkish embassy refused to issue him a visa due to a lack of evidence. The dpa also learned that it had been planned to provide the Turkish authorities with information about the Daesch supporter, but only after he had left Germany.

The young extremist and his plans to leave Germany were at that time repeatedly the subject of the so-called AG Status of the Joint Federal and State Counter-Terrorism Center. He had been targeted by the security authorities because he had advertised for the terrorist militia Daesch and was looking for instructions on how to build explosive belts. In November 2018, the Higher Regional Court of Dresden sentenced him to two years and nine months in juvenile court for, among other things, soliciting members or supporters of a terrorist organization abroad, obtaining instructions for the commission of a serious act of violence that endangered the state, bodily injury and threats.

The young man, whose year of birth is indicated in the files as 1998 or 2000, had applied for asylum in Chemnitz in February 2016. In September 2017 – after his arrest – he declared according to the files that he wanted to leave Germany again. In April 2018, however, he is said to have stated that he did not want to return to Syria because he would be drafted into the military there.

On October 4, two men were the victims of a knife attack in Dresden. A 55-year-old man from Krefeld died, and another man (53) from Cologne survived, seriously injured. The young Syrian is under suspicion. The Federal Public Prosecutor General has taken over the investigation.

DPA.

Share.

Leave A Reply