Refugee wanted for questioning for the murder of a teenager who was held in Spain after a robbery.


The detectives are on the hunt for the murderer of 18-year-old Yusuf Sonko, who was shot once in the head behind the Lodge Lane stores in Toxteth in early June 2017.

A fugitive who has been on the run for three years, since a teenager was shot dead in the city, has been arrested for a “violent robbery” in Spain, as ECHO can reveal exclusively.

Exclusively: Jason Curry was arrested in the last few days by the Guardia Civil in connection with another crime, three years after the murder of Yusuf Sonko in Toxteth

The Liverpool man is believed to have been arrested in connection with a violent robbery in the Principality of Mijas.

ECHO can now confirm that the curry, who is in his mid-20s, has been arrested in recent days on the Costa del Sol.

Four weeks after the murder, the police asked for help to locate Jason Curry, with whom they wanted to talk about the murder.

Merseyside police have previously requested information about the whereabouts of Jason Curry who, according to police, “has important information relating to the murder of Yusuf Sonko”.

The Civil Guard is leading the investigation and there has been communication between them and the Merseyside detectives.

Yusuf was talking to friends near Lodge Lane when an armed man opened fire on the group.

ECHO expects that the investigation and prosecution in Spain will gain in importance before the detectives in Liverpool can question him about the murder in Tejo Street at 8.30pm on Friday 2 June 2017.

The teenager suffered a gunshot wound to the head, which proved to be fatal.

The shooter was carrying a 9mm handgun, and earlier reports indicated that the shooter was sitting on a bicycle and fired the self-loading gun five times at a group of people, including Yusuf.

A number of people were arrested in connection with the murder, but no one was charged.

Curry, who is from Toxteth, also has connections with North Wales, particularly Wrexham and Cumbria.

At the scene of the crime, firearm casings and two cartridge cases with ammunition were found.

Yusuf’s heartbroken parents have previously called for the “wall of silence” surrounding his death to be brought down.


Leave A Reply