Police suspected a terrorist at Fishmongers’ Hall was attempting to detonate a bomb – inquest


Police suspected a terrorist at Fishmongers’ Hall was attempting to detonate a bomb – inquest

An inquest jury has found that police officers “lawfully killed” terrorist Usman Khan on London Bridge after he stabbed two Cambridge university graduates in the belief that he was attempting to detonate a suicide belt.

After strapping kitchen knives to his hands and attacking attendees at a prisoner education program in November 2019, the 28-year-old homegrown jihadi was finally killed down by an effective fire squad of armed policemen outside Fishmongers’ Hall.

Khan was also believed to be wearing explosives, which were later discovered to be a false suicide belt.

Other attendees attempted to incapacitate Khan before armed cops came, striking him with a chair, a fire extinguisher, and even a narwhal tusk snatched from the walls of Fishmongers’ Hall.

Six Met and City of London police officers fired 20 shots at Khan, including 18 in a 90-second span after being ordered to fire a so-called “critical shot” amid worries he was ready to detonate his explosive device, resulting in multiple casualties, according to the inquiry.

Following a two-week inquest at the City of London’s Guildhall, half a mile from where Khan died, jurors determined on Thursday that Khan had been lawfully slain by nameless police officers.

On the grounds that authorities believed Khan had a viable device, the coroner, Mark Lucraft QC, asked the jury to return a short form judgment of legal killing.

Khan was lawfully killed, according to the verdict, and the first two shots fired at him were fired to “incapitate him” and “decrease the risk to the people still in the area,” according to a lengthy, narrative finding.

Khan remained on the move for another eight minutes after the initial rounds, attempting to remove his coat and glove before sitting bolt upright and glaring at police, who fired another 18 bullets.

“Between 14:03 and 14:10:27 Khan continued to move while police cleared the surrounding area and shouted at Khan to stay still,” the jury said.

“Police felt Khan was looking for a way to set off a chain reaction.

“Khan sat up at 14:10:27, which was interpreted. (This is a brief piece.)


Leave A Reply