An old milk factory turned into a huge drug farm when teenagers were arrested in a raid.


The police executed a warrant of arrest at the Duncan Street, St. Helens, premises at about 2 a.m. on Monday, October 19.

Two teenagers were arrested when the police raided an old milk factory that had been turned into a drug farm.

Almost 1,700 cannabis plants were discovered in the factory.

Inside the building, police arrested two teenagers on suspicion of cannabis production.

Among the plants were 475 lighting units and transformers to support the cultivation.

Inside, the officers found a cannabis plantation of industrial size, which included almost 1,700 plants and a wide range of equipment.

In a statement, a spokesman for the troops explained that it was an industrial cannabis production facility: “We arrested two men and confiscated an industrial cannabis farm after conducting research in St. Helens in the early hours of Monday, October 19.

They were taken into custody and have since been released as part of an investigation.

Images published by Merseyside police show the hundreds of plants spreading across the factory.

“A search warrant was executed and a total of 1,694 plants were confiscated, along with extensive equipment, including 475 lighting units and transformers.

“Around 2 a.m., officers were called to the old dairy factory on Duncan Street to report on a suspected cannabis farm.

“The area has been secured and the investigation continues.

“An 18-year-old man without a fixed abode and a 17-year-old man from Gillingham were arrested on suspicion of cannabis production and taken into custody. Both have now been released on bail.

“The associated risks for local residents and businesses in the area are equally great, with frequent fires, floods and violent crime.

Matt Brown, head of the cannabis dismantling team, said: “This is a sophisticated industrial scale cannabis farm with the potential to produce large quantities of the drug for wider distribution.

“Thanks to the report received, two men are now in custody and a large amount of the drug is being prevented from being sold on the streets.


Leave A Reply