After a panicked mother dashes out onto the street, a passing woman saves the baby’s life.
After a newborn became blue in her mother’s arms, a passing nurse intervened and saved her life.
Nicole Walker was getting her three-year-old son Harrison a snack when she went to get her daughter Isabella out of her cot.
At around 11.45 a.m. yesterday, the 24-year-old discovered her five-month-old infant blue, floppy, and unresponsive at their home on the Beechwood Estate in Wirral (Tuesday, June 9).
“Her eyes were just open as she was simply lying there,” she told the ECHO.
“I had a panic attack and scooped her up and hurried outside to my next-door neighbor.”
“I was terrified and didn’t know what to do, but suddenly a woman in a passing automobile came to her aid and started CPR.”
“All I knew was she was an off-duty nurse, and I’m so thankful she was there because she saved my baby’s life.”
Isabella was brought in an ambulance to Arrowe Park Hospital, where she stayed overnight.
“The children were a little bewildered by it all and didn’t really understand why I hadn’t returned home at night,” Nicole, who is also the mother to Peytein, eight, Laila, seven, and Nevaeh, five, as well as Harrison, said.
Isabella has been given the all-clear by doctors and is now back at home with her elder brother and sisters.
“She had choked on part of her vomit,” Nicole explained, “and the nurse who assisted her saw this when she gave her CPR.”
“She had had reflux issues in the past, but nothing prepared me for this; it was terrifying.”
“I’ve been keeping a steady eye on her.
“I’m absolutely taking a first aid course, and I encourage that all parents do as well.”
“You watch things like this on TV and never think it will happen to you, but it can happen to anyone.”
“I just want to express my gratitude to the woman who saved her life.”
class=”ad-placeholder” reach-adyoulike ad-placeholder–adyoulike–adyoulike–adyoulike–adyoulike–adyoulike The summary comes to a close.